Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 6 Servings
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 tablespoon Yogurt Butter
2 tablespoons Vanilla Pudding Powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups sweet potato, canned or fresh mashed
2/3 cup pumpkin, canned
1/4 cup pecans
1/2 cup oats
2 tablespoons Flaxseed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Separate the whole egg placing the yolk into a mixing bowl and place the whites into another large bowl.
3. Place sweet potato, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla pudding, yogurt butter, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, combine the ingredients until well blended.
4. Add the other two egg whites to the egg white in the large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
5. Place small amount of pumpkin mixture into bowl with egg whites and gently fold in. Then, fold that mixture into the remaining pumpkin mixture, mix thoroughly.
6. Spoon the mixture into an 8 inch circular nonstick metal pan.
7. Place the pecans, oats, flaxseed and brown sugar in a medium size bowl to make the topping.
8. Use a pastry cutter to combine the topping ingredients until they are well blended and crumble-like.
9. Spread topping evenly over the top of the casserole.
10. Place casserole in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. Topping should be light brown and casserole should be slightly springy when gently pushed in the center.
11. Serve immediately.
Add to My Cookbook