Reward money totaling more than $5,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest and indictment of the person(s) responsible for throwing large rocks at passing vehicles on at least nine occasions in the Bell Road area between August 24th and September 23rd. Victims were injured in four of the nine instances when rocks went through front windshields.
The victims have reported that the rocks, some of which have been described as chunks of aggregate, were thrown from a vehicle passing by them in the opposite direction.
A community group, the members of which wish to remain anonymous, has posted a $5,000 reward for information in this case. That is in addition to a reward of up to $1,000 being offered by Crime Stoppers. To be eligible for the Crime Stoppers reward, tips must be received through the program’s tip line at 615-742-7463. Callers can remain anonymous.
Hermitage Precinct detectives and officers have conducted several initiatives in an effort to identify the person(s) responsible. They have been unsuccessful thus far.
The locations/details of the nine incidents are:
• Bell Road at Woodland Pointe Drive on September 23rd at 10:30 p.m. (victim’s jaw was broken after rock shattered front windshield);
• Bell Road at Harbor Lights Drive on September 22nd at 10:15 p.m. (rock shattered front windshield and struck victim in the shoulder);
• Bell Road at Harbor Lights Drive on September 19th at 9:30 p.m. (rock shattered front windshield);
• Bell Road at Harbor Lights Drive on September 19th at 9 p.m. (rock damaged victim’s front bumper and radiator);
• Bell Road at Heron Point on September 7th at 11:45 p.m. (rock struck victim’s front bumper);
• Bell Road at Heron Point on September 7th at 11:30 p.m. (rock damaged victim’s left front headlight);
• 2800 block of Smith Springs Road on September 7th at 11:10 p.m. (victim hear three loud “bangs” and discovered three dents on vehicle);
• Bell Road at Anderson Road on August 24th at 11:20 p.m. (rock shattered front windshield causing cut to victim’s face);
• Bell Road at Heron Point on August 24th at 11 p.m. (rock shattered front windshield causing deep gash to victim’s forehead).