MIDDLE TENNESSEE CONSTRUCTION
DAVIDSON COUNTY, I-24 Interchange Improvements at Hickory Hollow Parkway (MM 62)
• Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane and ramp closures on I-24 in both directions from MM 60-63 for bridge demo work.
• Daily at 2PM, There will be rolling road blocks on I-24 in both directions from MM 58 to MM 61for blasting. There will also be temporary ramp closures at Bell Road, Old Hickory Blvd, and Hickory Hollow for blasting.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Interstate 440 Reconstruction
• From now through February 2019, There will be a shoulder and auxiliary lane closure on I-440 eastbound between the Woodlawn and Sharondale overpasses for noise wall construction.
• From now through February 2019, There will be a shoulder and auxiliary lane closure on I-440 eastbound between the Granny White Pike to Craig Street for noise wall construction.
• Starting Thursday, February 7 and continuing daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures on I-440 in both directions between I-40 and I-65 for installation of temporary drainage to prepare for March 1 traffic shifts. At least two lanes will remain open.
• Look Ahead – Long-term lane closures for heavy construction operations on the Interstate 440 reconstruction project are estimated to begin the weekend of March 1. TDOT is advising drivers to prepare for increased drive times along the I-440 corridor and surrounding areas beginning in March 2019 until the project completion in August 2020. Get more information here – https://www.tn.gov/tdot/news/2019/2/1/i-440-heavy-construction-to-begin-march-1.html
DAVIDSON COUNTY, SR 1 Grading, Drainage, Signals, and Paving from Vultee Boulevard to Jupiter Drive
• Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a possible lane closure for utility and drainage work on SR 1 northbound.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Bridge Replacement on Hillwood Blvd
• From now through July 2019, Hillwood Blvd. will be closed from SR 1 (Harding Pike) to Post Road for bridge replacement. A signed detour will be in place.
MAURY COUNTY, New Interchange Construction at SR 166 and US 43 (SR 6/Lawrenceburg Hwy), including a concrete bulb-tee beam bridge in Mount Pleasant
• Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures for blasting activities from 9AM-3:30PM. The new SR-166 bridge is open over US-43. A detour is set up for road users wanting to go south on US-43 from SR-166. A detour is also in place for road users wanting to turn onto SR-166 from US-43 north.
MAURY COUNTY, Widening of Beechcroft Rd from Cleburn Rd to McCormick Crossing
• Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 247 for widening and utility activities.
MAURY-WILLIAMSON COUNTIES, SR 247 (Duplex Road) from US 31 to Secluded Lane
• Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures for paving, widening, and utility activities.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, On-call concrete repair at Welcome Center
• The weekend of Friday, February 8, The traffic will be shifted at the Welcome Center for concrete ramp and pavement repairs. The right lane on I-24 EB will be closed until the concrete is placed. The work will take approximately 12 hours to complete – the timing depends on weather.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, SR 161 Bridge Repair
• From now through spring 2019, The bridge at LM 9 will be reduced to one lane for repairs. Traffic will be controlled by a temporary signal.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, SR 16 over Kelly Creek Bridge Repair
• Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR-16 in order to construct approaches. These activities will be weather dependent. One lane will remain open in each direction.
• Look Ahead – The bridge over Kelly Creek will be closed from March 1 at 8PM to March 4 at 5AM for bridge replacement.
SUMNER COUNTY, Albert Gallatin Ave./Hatten Track Road Extension
• Daily, 9AM-3PM (Mon-Fri) and 6AM-6PM (Sat-Sun) – There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 between the intersections of SR 25 (River Road) and Old State Hwy 109 in both directions to set temporary concrete barrier rail for traffic control. One lane will remain open.
SUMNER COUNTY, SIA Serving Project Deepdish
• Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 52 and US 31W for removal of existing concrete islands, paving of the islands, and shoulder for phase 1 traffic shift. One lane will remain open.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Grading, drainage, and paving on SR 11 at the intersection of SR 96 in Triune
• Daily, 8:30AM-4PM, There will be a lane closure on SR11 NB and SR96 WB for utility relocation.
WILSON COUNTY, SR 109 Widening from US 70 to the Cumberland River
• Daily 9AM-3:30PM, There will be a periodic rolling road blocks for blasting on SR 109.
WILSON COUNTY, Bridge Repair on SR 26 over Sinking Creek
• Through fall 2019, SR 26 will be down to one 10′ lane in each direction on the bridge over Sinking Creek. One lane will be open in each direction.
>>> MAINTENANCE & UTILITIES
• Tuesday, February 12, 10AM-4PM, There will be a lane closure on I-40 eastbound at MM 189 to inspect beams on the Beach Hill Road bridge over I-40.
• Daily (excluding weekends) 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on Whites Creek Pike (SR 65) between Moorman’s Arm Rd. and Pierpoint Dr. for box culvert installation and replacement of driveway crossings.
• Tuesday, February 12, 8PM-5AM, The ramp from Trinity Lane to SR-6 Ellington Parkway will be closed for removal of rock from concrete ditch.
• Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on SR 386 westbound and SR 174 westbound, at the intersection, for road widening work.
• Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures on SR 6 (Gallatin Rd) between LM 7and LM 11 for pothole repair.
• Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on SR 109, between Callis Road and I-40, for rock blasting/excavation. Additionally, traffic will be reduced to one lane in both directions at the intersection of SR 109 and Callis Road for construction of turn lane and crossover.
• Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 265 (Central Pike) for ditch work.
• Daily, 9AM-3PM, SR 10 will be reduced to one lane for gas line installation from Vesta Road to Flat Woods Road.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at http://www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.